Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Spicy Cornbread


This is the basic Albers Cornbread recipe:

1 cup Albers cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.

1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

Whisk milk, oil, and egg together, add to dry ingredients and stir until just blended.

However, I add chipotle pepper in adobo, frozen corn and cheese, so I call it my own.

2-3 Tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
1 cup grated colby jack or cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen corn kernels

Pour into greased 8" x 8" baking dish or greased muffin tins.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until well browned.

I'd like to thank Norfolk Cooking Examiner for this discussion on Northern vs. Southern Cornbread: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4180-Norfolk-Cooking-Examiner~y2009m10d19-Northern-cornbread-versus-Southern-cornbread-with-add-in-ideas, because my family is Southern and I like the drier, less sweet version of cornbread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails