Saturday, January 9, 2010

Parmesan Lace Crackers


I've made these forever and fried them in a skillet. Recently I discovered this recipe for Parmesan Tuiles on FoodBuzz, that said to bake them on parchment paper. WOW! I'm never frying these guys again! Not only is it preposterously easier, they turn out uniformly cooked, and I think, a little crispier. This one is fried:

My recipe is a bit different than the one above, as I add chopped sage to mine.

Parmesan Lace Crackers

2 cups grated parmesan cheese. By the way, buy a block and grate your own, do not use that dessicated stuff in the green can or I'll have to come and find you!

1/4 cup chopped sage. Use fresh is you have it, although I used dried sage from my garden because my plant is currently covered with snow.

Drop about 4 tablespoons in a mound onto a parchment covered baking sheet, scrape the stragglers into the main pile and flatten slightly. I did six per baking sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly to set.



Parchment paper an item I've only recently discovered that is a wonder-invention from heaven, and I don't know how I ever lived without it, or why it took me so long to break down and buy a box of it. It's not even expensive, nothing sticks to it, and it makes cleanup practically a non-issue.



And just for giggles, you can read about the history of Parmesan on Wikipedia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails