Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wow! A French Fry Cutter

Look at this thing; we had one of these when I was a kid. I found it at Ron's house, probably a remnant from his former marriage, because he sure hasn't used it since I've known him. He told me he actually bought this (where did he find it?) because they had one when he was a kid...! It slices in two different sizes, thick and thin. Probably you could cut other veggies with it-Jicama? Carrots? Cheese? Ok, I know, cheese is not a vegetable, but it might work.


The one I grew up with didn't have interchangeable size parts, one size-slice only, and I don't remember my family ever using the one we had. If you're going to own a kitchen gadget, for heaven's sake, use it!





Ron bought a set of tongs after I met him because I bitched about not having any over here when I am cooking and having to "fork" things, he's a complete sweetie :)






So instead of potato wedges, I used the fry cutter to make oven fries tonight.It cuts long thin potatoes far better than round short ones, they just get stuck and you have to work to force them through.


Again, no real recipe, cut up the potatoes, toss in olive oil, season however you like, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until browned and tender.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm totally drooling over your ribs!!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails